I love a good easy quick muffin recipe. Easy , quick to throw together recipes are great when you want some baked , home made goodness in a short amount of time.
I have been looking for a good muffin recipe for a while, to use with things I already have handy, I also wanted to find a “base” muffin recipe- meaning, this recipe can be used with a variety of fruit and I plan on experimenting with oatmeal as well.
This is a one bowl recipe, doesn’t take long to mix up and these are yummy. Check out the notes below before getting started.
- You will be mixing the wet and dry ingredients separately , then adding them together- make sure to NOT mix the combined batter too much or muffins will be flat.
- You can use NON- Dairy milk! The recipe calls for dairy milk or non- dairy. I personally used almond milk (original flavor) in my recipe and the muffins turned out perfect.
- If your making jumbo sized muffins i suggests the baking time 25-28 mins to bake fully. At 20 mins I suggest checking with a toothpick then adding a few more mins if needed.
- 1 1/2 cups of All - Purpose flour
- 3/4 cup or 12 tablespoons of sugar ( I use raw cane sugar) 1 extra Tablespoon for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup of oil ( Vegetable, Canola or Coconut)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup of Milk ; Dairy or Non Dairy
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup or your preference of fruit - If frozen keep frozen folded into mixture
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Line muffin pan with oil or liners
- Whisk dry ingredients flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- In a measured pitcher or cup ( one that can hold up to a cup) mix egg,milk and vanilla extract , whisk together
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix together with a FORK
- Fold fruit into mixture
- Divide evenly mixture into muffin cups ( be mindful of baking with strawberries, if they get to the bottom they have potential to stick to pan, try to lay a layer of batter first then the strawberry)
- Use the extra tablespoon of sugar and sprinkle over muffins
- Place in oven and bake according to muffin size
- Remove from oven and place on wire cooling racks to cool ( I got mine from the dollar store)
- 15-20 mins Standard muffins
- 20-25 mins Jumbo muffins
- 9-11 mins Mini Muffins
- Since you dont want the the batter to be over mixed, I did not use my kitchen aid mixer on this recipe. Simply use a whisk and fork for this. It doesn't take much time.
- When using a Non dairy milk, use one with no flavor, I used almond milk Original flavor , using one that is Vanilla flavored for example may alter taste of muffin.